Limbs 4 Life believes that no individual should go through the trauma of limb loss alone and should have access to an organisation that understands their circumstances, can arrange connections, and provide up-to-date information. Limbs 4 Life offers a range of programs and services that assist amputees, their families, their care givers, and health care professionals.
Phone: 1300 782 231 Fax: 1300 782 231
QALS (Queensland Artificial Limb Service)
is the administration service responsible for the provision of definitive prosthetic services to eligible residents of Queensland through the Queensland Government’s ‘Artificial Limb Scheme’.
QALS (Queensland Artificial Limb Service) also provide the administration service for Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) www.dva.gov.au
Phone: (07) 3136 3660
Fax: (07) 3136 3650
- We maintain our Arrangement as a recognised Prosthetic Service Provider with QALS since 2003 including providing Interim Services to the Cairns Hospital Amputee Clinic.
- QALS (Queensland Artificial Limb Service) acts as the administration facilitator for Department of Veterans Affairs: http://www.dva.gov.au/
NDIS – National Disability Insurance Scheme through the National Disability Insurance Agency.
Registered Provider #: 4050004670
Contact National Disability Insurance Agency Phone: 1800 800 110
For people with hearing or speech loss TTY: 1800 555 677 Speak and Listen: 1800 555 727
For people who need help with English TIS: 131 450
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is federally funded system being introduced to provide lifetime disability support to all eligible participants.
The NDIS will provide all Australians under the age of 65 who have a permanent significant disability with the realistic and essential aids they need.
- Under 65 years of age
- Have a permanent disability
- Require assistive support for the balance of their lives
Please review the website: https://www.ndis.gov.au/
- Contact NDIS either online, by telephone or by visiting an NDIA office in your area.
- Complete the eligibility criteria information and submit to NDIS.
- Once you have received your acceptance to the NDIS, contact Barry Leech Prosthetics & Orthotics Pty Ltd for an assessment of your ongoing prosthetic requirements, which will include goals you wish to achieve and your life ambitions.
- We will provide you with information you may need for your Planning meeting.
- You will receive a copy of your Plan, please read it to ensure all aspects of your prosthetic service are covered. If not, or you are not happy with your Plan please contact the LAC you dealt with or NDIS as soon as possible.
- Barry Leech Prosthetics & Orthotics Pty Ltd will perform and submit a functional assessment to your NDIS, with necessary Quotes.
- Wait for approval.
- Once approval is received, our process can commence.
All Sports Physiotherapy and Sports Medicine Clinics:
Beth Sheehan – Accredited Exercise Physiologist
Phone: 0478 070 915
Rehab Moves – Physiotherapy
Tina Bowden – BappSc (physiotherapy)
Phone: 0402 009 323
Queensland Amputee Golf Association
The Q.A.G.A is committed to promoting the benefits of amputee golf as a viable form of rehabilitation and recreation for all amputees throughout Queensland and Australia.
Mail to: P.O Box 274 Robina, Qld 4226
Phone: 07 5593 1820
Sporting Wheelies and Disabled Association
Sporting Wheelies and Disabled Association has been helping Queenslanders with a disability to lead active, healthy lives through participation in sport, recreation, and fitness since 1977.
Mail to: 60 Edmondstone Road, Bowen Hills, Qld 4006
Phone: 07 3253 3333
Fax: 07 3253 3322
Amputees Advisory Association Incorporated
We are a self-help, voluntary group based on the Gold Coast and servicing Northern NSW. We have been established since 1986 for amputees to support each other through exchange of experiences and information and to visit new amputees in hospital and in their homes. Our Association is open to all amputees, their families and anyone interested in supporting amputees. We communicate through meetings, social gatherings, phone support and our newsletter. Membership is $10.00 annually.
Mail to: Secretary, PO Box 966, Runaway Bay, Qld 4216
Phone: 07 5532 9325
Amputees & Families Support Group Inc - http://afsg.org.au
We are a non-profit, self-help, community organisation dealing with amputation and the resultant health care issues arising. The aim of the Organisation is to increase the effective management of amputation by offering mutual support and encouragement to individuals and their families through the various grief and loss stages they encounter following loss of limb, and to assist them to accept and integrate this traumatic change into their personal, domestic, vocational, cultural, and recreational environments.
Mail to: The State Coordinator, PO Box 848, Springwood Qld 4127
Phone: 07 3290 4293